How You Can Help
Our annual goal is to ship 1,500 bicycles—three cargo containers loaded with 500 bicycles each—to students, healthcare workers and unemployed heads of household in rural South Africa, at a cost of about $18,000 per container. To meet this goal, we need ongoing support from the community to purchase containers and to pay for the shipping, insurance, and other costs to transport the bicycles.
You can help by donating a bike, money, or by volunteering. Mountain bikes are great, but we’ll take any working bicycles, even ones needing minor repairs.
- See the “Bike Drop Locations” page, or call us at (206) 728-1777.
- B4HS is a 501 (c) 3 organization.
- Federal Tax ID is # 27-1309387.
- See your tax professional for deductibility information.
Here are ways you can help:
- Bicycles: Mountain bicycles are most appreciated, but we are grateful for any working bicycles, even those needing minor repairs. Volunteers: We can always use help from individuals, service organizations and companies to locate and gather donated bicycles, prepare the bicycles for shipment, staff booths at public
- Cash and In-Kind Donations: Financial donations: We need your support to ensure that the donated bicycles find their new owners. Even a small donation has a big impact: One bike, ready to ride, delivered to a needy person in South Africa costs $35. The whole container load of 500 bikes, with spare parts and tools costs $18,000.
- Sponsorship of Annual Breakfast Event: B4H is holding our 4th annual breakfast fundraiser at The Renaissance Hotel Seattle on, May 21, 2014. Our goal is to raise $30,000. We are seeking corporate sponsors to underwrite the cost of the event $4,000. Sponsors would receive recognition before a group of influential business people, bicycle enthusiasts, and community and environmental activists.